Get Your Body Back After Pregnancy
What is a Mommy Makeover?
A Mommy Makeover is a customized group of treatments designed to help women correct common body issues that result from pregnancy and childbirth. Pregnancy often creates issues with women’s physical appearance, like loose abdominal skin, stretch marks, sagging or deflated breasts, unwanted fat in the stomach or sides, or a loss of volume in the buttocks. We’ll assess your specific struggles and desires to form an individualized treatment plan for your Mommy Makeover.
We can combine any of our treatments for a comprehensive Mommy Makeover, including HD Body Sculpting (permanent fat removal) and natural Fat Transfer. All of our treatments are carried out right in the comfort of our own clinics, and our gentle process involves no cutting, ripping, cooling, or general anesthesia—we only use a local anesthetic and pain medication, minimizing risks and recovery time.
Here are some of the most common treatments mothers request to regain their pre-pregnancy shape.
- HD Body Sculpting: A typical Mommy Makeover involves the removal of fat from one or more of the areas most affected by pregnancy, like the stomach, hips, flanks, buttocks, banana fold, arms, or upper back (bra fat). Our HD Body Sculpting experts use state-of-the-art ultrasound technology to break down fat cells and permanently remove them from your body with a gentle suction process. Unlike invasive liposuction procedures, our treatment leaves the surrounding tissues undamaged and stimulates tissue retraction and collagen synthesis to promote a tightened and more youthful appearance. We’ll sculpt and contour your body to reveal toned and natural-looking curves exactly as you’ve always envisioned for yourself, giving you a more sculpted shape than you had even before pregnancy.
- Fat Transfer: Childbirth can deflate previously full and firm areas, like your breasts and buttocks. Using HD Body Sculpting, we’ll remove fat from your high-volume areas. The fat will then be centrifuged, or purified, to separate the healthy fat cells from the damaged ones, after which we’ll inject it into another area of the body to restore the plumpness that disappeared during pregnancy. Mothers frequently request Fat Transfers for a natural breast augmentation or a Brazilian Butt Lift. We’ll help you regain the plump and rounded shape you want using only your own body fat to create natural-looking results that age normally and don’t require maintenance. This safe and gentle treatment doesn’t use any foreign implants or materials, eliminating the risks associated with implant rejection and avoiding an extremely long recovery time.
You’ll notice results immediately after your procedure, and they should be fully realized after about four weeks. Although you should give yourself a few days to rest before doing anything too strenuous, recovery time is minimal—most of our Mommy Makeover patients go back to work the day after their procedure.
Mommy Makeovers may be a good choice for mothers who:
- Are done having children and do not plan on getting pregnant again (although this isn’t a requirement)
- Are fully recovered from childbirth and breastfeeding
- Have time to recover from treatment (your physician will outline the specific length of recovery time)
- Are at or near an ideal and unfluctuating weight (or in need of a kickstart)
- Do not have a history of medical issues or conditions
Mommy Makeover FAQs
What is included in a Mommy Makeover?
Each Mommy Makeover patient undergoes different treatments according to their personal needs and desires. Every procedure will involve HD Body Sculpting (permanent fat removal) for at least one of the problem areas most likely to be affected by pregnancy: the stomach, hips, thighs, arms, breasts, back, etc. Many Mommy Makeover patients also request a natural Fat Transfer to restore volume in the breasts or buttocks.
How much does a Mommy Makeover cost?
The price for a Mommy Makeover varies depending on the number and size of the areas treated, but on average, it won’t cost more than paying a personal trainer for a year—and unlike a trainer, we can guarantee lasting results in the exact parts of your body where you want to lose fat. (You also can’t get a natural augmentation at the gym.) We are happy to help you schedule a free consultation where you can learn more about treatment plans that are right for your needs and your budget.
How long does it take to recover from a Mommy Makeover?
Recovery time for all Belle Medical procedures is minimal. Most of our patients can resume their normal daily activities the day after treatment. Your physician will offer personalized advice regarding your recovery period after your procedure.
Are the results of a Mommy Makeover permanent?
Since the body is unlikely to replace permanently removed fat cells, your results should last forever. However, diet and lifestyle are the ultimate determining factors in maintaining fat loss and volume, so following a healthy diet and exercise plan will help you enhance and maintain your results.
Related Blog Articles
If you’ve had kids, there’s a good chance your body doesn't look quite the way you want it to anymore. Maybe you’ve seen commercials for HD body sculpting. Maybe you’ve heard of someone who’s had a “Mommy Makeover,” but you’re not sure if it’s right for you. Amy...read more