After an HD Body Sculpting procedure, your body will begin to heal itself naturally. Although there’s very little recovery time necessary following a Belle Medical treatment, it can still take up to two weeks for some patients to feel 100% again. However, there are foods that will help your body heal faster after HD Body Sculpting procedures.
A healthy diet will go a long way toward getting back to your A game and maintaining the best results, so we have recommendations for what to eat after your HD Body Sculpting treatment. These nutrients not only encourage quicker healing time but also increase your strength and energy. Here’s how to get all the fuel you’ll need:
Fiber and Carbohydrates Are a Must
Loading up on carbohydrates and fiber after a procedure helps boost your energy. We suggest integrating high-fiber foods into your daily diet rather than using fiber supplements. Try these foods below, and for the first stretch of your recovery, avoid high amounts of dairy, cheese, sweets, red meats, and dehydrated or processed food.
- Make sandwiches with whole grain bread, such as dark rye, barley, or whole wheat breads.
- If sandwiches aren’t quite your thing, try other types of grains, such as oatmeal, brown rice, wild rice, or quinoa.
- Fiber-rich fruits include bananas, mangoes, oranges, apples, strawberries or raspberries, etc.
- As for vegetables, try to aim at the darker colored varieties. These often have a higher fiber content, and vegetables are already naturally great carbohydrates. “Darker” vegetables include spinach, asparagus, green bell peppers, broccoli, avocados, artichokes, potatoes, corn, etc.
- Beans and legumes are high in both fiber and carbohydrates, given their natural starchy makeup. Include more navy beans, black beans, pinto beans, lentils, or chickpeas in your meals. Other great foods in the legume family include alfalfa, clover, soybeans, and even peanuts. Don’t be afraid to get creative!
- Here are some fun recipes to look up and try: quinoa-stuffed avocados or quinoa-stuffed bell peppers. You could mix some chickpeas or navy beans in with your quinoa too! Going classic American is also a good idea—eat more mashed potatoes, asparagus, green beans, and corn.
You Can’t Go Wrong With Healthy Fats
Healthy fats are an excellent way to improve immune response and aid the body’s vitamin absorption. Just make sure you’re avoiding the unhealthy fats and sticking to the foods below: Some of the healthiest fat nutrients are found in nuts and seeds. The most commonly recommended among these are walnuts, almonds,
- sunflower seeds, ground flaxseed, chia seeds, and pistachios. You can eat the nuts by themselves or dabble in some nut/seed butters such as peanut butter, coconut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, or sunflower seed butter. Try mixing a couple scoops of peanut butter into your fibrous oatmeal in the mornings, then sprinkle it with some chia seeds.
- Oils such as olive oil, coconut oil, flaxseed oil, and avocado oil are a superb source of healthy fat. Cooking or baking with these oils is perhaps one of the easiest ways to integrate fat into your diet.
- Fish is another excellent source of healthy fat, notably omega-3 fatty acids. Fatty fish like salmon, sardines, mackerel, trout, and tuna are rich with fatty acids—but don’t overdo it! Fish, like most foods, is best in moderation.
Protein, Protein, Protein!
The amino acids found in protein are a major help with healing and tissue regeneration, and they boost your strength and energy as well. We’re talking lean protein here—that means white meats like turkey, chicken, and seafood. Red meat and dairy products are rich in protein too, but they aren’t recommended because of the high levels of saturated (unhealthy) fats, and they contribute to constipation.
If you are vegetarian or vegan, it is very easy to get your lean protein from other sources. These may include tofu, nuts, beans, certain veggies, tempeh, or even protein supplements.
Vitamins and Minerals Are the Most Important
Arguably the most important nutrients you need after an HD Body Sculpting procedure are vitamins and minerals. Let’s talk about a few essential ones in particular: After your procedure, you definitely want some vitamin A and C in you. The body uses a lot of these vitamins to make connective tissues and stimulate tissue healing overall. Some food you can find with high levels of vitamin A includes oranges, carrots, kale, spinach, and sweet potatoes, and the best sources of vitamin C are citrus fruits like
- oranges, kiwi, and berries or veggies like potatoes, tomatoes, and bell peppers.
- Vitamin K promotes quick blood clotting, which helps heal the access points made during a procedure. This is found in leafy greens like spinach, kale, or collard greens, as well as fish, liver, and vegetable oils. Loading up on vitamin K before your procedure is just as important as doing so afterward.
- Have you ever heard of Coenzyme Q10? It’s a lesser-known compound with vitamin-like properties that our bodies depend on. Coenzyme Q10 boosts vital metabolic processes, contributing to quicker digestion, more energy, and the maintenance of healthy muscles. It also plays an important role in healing wounds. You can find this hidden gem in animal products like beef, sardines, or mackerel, but there are also high amounts in olive oil, spinach, broccoli, and cauliflower.
- Last but not least, there’s iron. Iron is essential as part of hemoglobin, the oxygen-carrying assistant to red blood cells. As we know, healthy blood is essential for fast and effective healing. In addition to meats and other protein-rich foods, you can get iron from spinach, lentils, dark chocolate, pumpkin seeds, potatoes, quinoa, etc.
Thankfully, the list of the best foods to eat after HD Body Sculpting is a long one, so it shouldn’t be hard to work them into your diet without sacrificing your favorite flavors. Be sure to follow the diet and lifestyle instructions you receive from your Belle Medical provider as well—they’ll be able to give you the most insightful, personalized advice regarding your recovery.
Belle Medical utilizes state-of-the-art technology and the most advanced technique of the industry to offer patients the safest and most effective body sculpting treatments available. With Belle Medical, you can achieve beautiful, natural-looking results with the least amount of disruption to your everyday life.